PARKING LOT INFORMATION
Please follow the guidelines below regarding Gladys Wood's parking lot procedures:
- Drop students off between 8:40-8:50 a.m.
- Pick students up between 3:30-3:40 a.m.
- Drop off and pick up at the right hand curb only
- Pull all the way forward to the bumper of the vehicle in front of you.
- Have students ready to exit the car from the passenger side upon pulling up to the curb.
- Use turn signals.
- Cell phone usage while driving is not permitted.
- Tobacco use on campus is not permitted.
- Stay with your car in the drop off/pick up zone. Unattended vehicles are subject to tow.
- If you park in the lot, please come to the crossing lane attendant to meet your child.
Thank you for modeling safe and respectful driving while on campus. This is all in the interest of safety for our GW families.
Morning Drop Off:
The parent parking lot entrance is off of Cranberry Street. The red painted zone is an "active" drop off and pick up zone only. You may not get out of your car. Please have your child ready to hop out of your vehicle, on the passenger side, with backpack in hand. Please do not wait in the active loading zone to make sure your child goes into their classroom because it stops the flow of traffic, causing traffic to back up onto Cranberry, and prevents other students from getting to class on time. If you want to make sure your child enters the classroom, park your vehicle in the parent parking area and walk your child to their designated entry door.
Afternoon Pick Up:
When picking up your child at the end of the day, pull as far forward as possible in the "active" lane. Do not get out of your vehicle. Your child should be able to safely get in on the passenger side and buckle themselves in. If they require assistance, park in the parent parking lot and meet them at their designated exit door.
The Bus Loop is reserved for busses ONLY! Students are NOT permitted to walk through the Bus Loop.
Staff Parking Lot is for Gladys Wood Staff ONLY - not to be used for student drop off or pick up. Students are NOT permitted to walk through the staff parking lot.